Well, I have a bit more time today. Blessedly.
What did you think about the new missionary announcement? [young men will now be able to serve at age 18 instead of 19 and young women at age 19 instead of 21]
- I think it is the most logical thing I have heard in a while. The biggest thing being with that the ages are now closer. It means that Missionaries and sisters returning will be basically the same age. Perfect to get married, and carry over their wonderful habits together.
Share some of your impressions from [General] conference.
- The Lord asks everything, and requests that we not sell our souls for the little things. Sometimes it takes a lot more of us to give up a small bad habit then to do all of the big things normally asked. You cannot be in only halfway.
- The Lord has his timing for everything.
- We should work to reach the potencial that God has for us.
Share some of the commitments you have made based on your impressions.
- To get more of the details.
- It is pretty common here that the missionarys seem too much like the friends of the members. Not that in and of itself this is an overly bad thing, however, I was struck by the need to make that relationship even more proper. In the end, if it were a perfect world and we were perfect people, we as missionarys would act just as an apostle would on entering in a home and sharing the gospel. To make sure that is how the people, including the members, see us, or more importanly how they feel, the bond of “freindship” must go and must be changed for a bond of respect.
- Personal Revelation is a process and an effort.
What was one of your challenges this past week?
- Having somebody tell us that she felt we were a test sent from God, and she went from being an inactive catholic to being completely catholic. The saddest part being that when she said this, and we followed up with some questions about doctrines and other things. She looked us in the eyes and said she didn’t have an answer. That she was confused and that she didn’t know.
- We then invited her once again to ask Heavenly Father if the things that we had shared were true. Her answer instead was this. ” There is no need to ask, I feel that it is good, and that there are many truths. I will not ask”
- We pointed out that two opposing things could not be at the same time both true.
- She said “That is the Grandness of God” and I quietly thought to myself “that is the wicked plan of Lucifer.”
Tell us about the time you felt the love of the Lord for you this past week and also a time when you felt His love for someone else.
- I haven’t been tired although it has been an exhausting week. Thursday night all night in a bus to consejo, friday in consejo, friday night back to la serena. Saturday conference, Sunday, conference.
- Also I have been at peace or at the very least I have known what it is that I need to do to get things going.
- We taught a lesson with the Hermanas [female missionaries] to a lady that was struggling. You could see the fear and the anguish leave her eyes as we sang a song. It was incredible.
Cover anything else important that you have time to share.
I was struck by several things in my studies this week. This is one of the passages that struck me. How great is the preocupacion of our Father for us.
29 And Enoch said unto the Lord: How is it that thou canst aweep, seeing thou art holy, and from all eternity to all eternity?
30 And were it possible that man could number the particles of the earth, yea, millions of aearths like this, it would not be a beginning to the number of thy bcreations; and thy curtains are stretched out still; and yet thou art there, and thy bosom is there; and also thou art just; thou art merciful and kind forever;
31 And thou hast taken aZion to thine own bosom, from all thy creations, from all eternity to all eternity; and naught but peace,bjustice, and truth is the habitation of thy throne; and mercy shall go before thy face and have no end; how is it thou canst cweep?
32 The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own ahands, and I gave unto them theirbknowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his cagency;
33 And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should alove one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they bhate their own blood; [Moses 7:29-33]
Let us not be a reason for the tears of our Father.
all of my love,