Are you starting to get more sleep and feeling a little better?
- I am sleeping better
- I feel fine, physically tired in general but that is all right. It just comes with the territory
- Plus the first week as I have been teaching Elder Montero his duties, it has been tiring.
Tell us a little about your new companion and some things that you admire about him.
- His name: elder Montero
- Age: 21
- Country of origin: Peru
- City: Lima
- Religious Status: Convert at age 14, inactive until age 18
- Hobbies: Soccer…that’s about it
- Strong points: Excitement, saying things clearly, knowing what he wants.
- Weaknesses…. haha 🙂
- I admire his determination and his hard work. He really just wants to baptize people. He has a lot of ambition and knows where he wants to
What is something that you have learned from your scripture study recently?
- I have been studying revelation during the week. It is interesting how simple the principles are. I have noticed that in almost all of the meetings with general authorities they have been talking about revelation. There are also a lot of Mormon messages about it.
- There are a couple principles that I have picked up during the week. Starting with this.
- We have to be willing to receive it.
- We have to be worthy to receive it
- We have to put an effort to receive it. i Nephi 5:17 And now when my father saw all these things, he was filled with the Spirit, and began to prophesy concerning his seed—
- Doctrine and Covenants 93:36 “The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.”
- The spirit indicates to us things that are true. Through the light of the Spirit.
- There are three videos respecting this theme. (http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng&query=patterns+light)
Your favorite lighthearted moment from the week.
- We borrowed bicycles from some members this week to go to a couple places that were a little far out in our sector. We had to borrow their helmets to and they only had small ones with batman. So we used them anyway and we looked super funny.
- We were sharing with a family of members when suddenly I felt a weight fall on my shoulder and I realized that their bunny attacked me from behind.
Share whatever is on your mind..
What is on my mind?
I find myself mainly thinking of the things that there are to do. Today is preparation day. We need to plan a training meeting. I need to call the credit card company. I need to cut my hair. I need to plan an interchange.
Those are the types of things that are most typically on my mind. Other then that I just want to keep working. I don’t like having things that are distractions so I tend to avoid them.
As far as the calls go for Christmas we will start to communicate it through email in the next couple weeks to see the timing of it all.
There is another thing that has passed my mind a lot recently. A theme that I talked a lot about with Elder Ascanio is that of conversion. There are a lot of people here that are members, very faithful, hard working that sacrifice and do whatever is asked of them. Yet there are also a lot of these people that are now inactive. I have asked myself. What makes the difference between the majority of those people and those that stay active, notwithstanding all of the trials that they have had. As I have thought, I recognize that the difference comes with that principle of revelation. When we consistently receive, and know that we are receiving revelation we can know that the course of action that we are taking will include the strength of God supporting us. If we do, for tradition or a feeling of duty and we stop receiving revelation, we arrive at doubts. We run out of energy and we cannot continue forward because that line of communication between us and our heavenly father does not exist. It is therefore the most necessary that we learn to receive and recognize revelation.
That is all I have time for.
With all of my love