WE SAW SO MANY MIRACLES!!!!
What was something that made you laugh this week?
- There are moments that are funy but just for the situation.
- I have been here for a year in Chile and yesterday I was talking with a child of 7 years. So we were talking and after I said something he just looked at me and then looked at my companion and said “I dont understand”
- Then my companion asked “Do you think he is speaking in English?”
- “Yes, becuase I don’t understand anything he is saying”
- hahaha, Then I changed the verb form I was using and magically he understood. Just one of the funny moments where one realizes that they are not so smart
Compare and contrast your new area to your old area.
- There are a lot of very young couples (more like Champaign) While La Serena was more like Roanoke
- It is hotter and more humid here then it was in la serena
- It is about a third the size of my old area
- The church is exactly the same as it was in La Serena, nothing ever changes in that sense
- It is hard to compare them
Share something you learned in your scripture study this week.
- It has been a really good week for scriptue study. I have been reading 1 chapter in the Book of Mormon and 1 chapter in the New Testament every day.
- I Nephi 16:28 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the pointers which were in the ball, that they did work according to the afaith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them.
- This verse teaches us how we receieve revelacion
- I Nephi 18:9 And after we had been adriven forth before the wind for the space of many days, behold, my brethren and the sons of Ishmael and also their wives began to make themselves merry, insomuch that they began to dance, and to sing, and to speak with muchbrudeness, yea, even that they did forget by what power they had been brought thither; yea, they were lifted up unto exceeding rudeness.
- I Nephi 18:12 And it came to pass that after they had bound me insomuch that I could not move, the acompass, which had been prepared of the Lord, did cease to work.
- and these two verses together show us how we loose the spirit. I love that the scriptures always teach it in the most simple of ways. Revelation is something that is always hard for the people. They wait for dreams or for rays of light, or something much stronger. However as we see here frequently the revelationnly comes as we live in conditions that are condusive to the spirit. Therefore we should not expect guidance from the spirit unless we are creating the conditions in our lives to recieve it
3 things you admire about your companion.
- He is very bold when it is necesarry but he isnt overbearing, pressuring or anthig like that. He does it with love
- He is always very quick to note the hand of the Lord in the blessings that he recieves
- He has worked very hard to gain a knowledge of the scriptures in very little time (convert of two years)
Hardest challenge this week?
- being absolutely exhausted. We have been running around like crazy. But other then that it has been a week just full of blessings.
A tender mercy of the Lord?
- Where to start
- We started to teach a man who is incredible. In general the guys are a lot harder then the girls to teach. Although there is a switch for the sister missionaries (it is hard to teach the women). Anyway, the thing is that we started to teach this guy and these first couple lessons have been incredible. He told us that all he wanted to know is if what we had shared was true and has asked us to pray for his wife so that she will share with us as well.
- But for an example as we taught he said ” yeah so that would mean it is A chruch of God”
- Then we asked “A church of God or THE church of God?”
- Then he said “is it really?!” with a look on his face like “I hope that it is”
- We saw a man who hadn’t been able to speak in three weeks becuase of an infection, not only talk but sing after a blessing
- Just little miracles here and there, and some bigger ones that just remind me that for all of the effort that we do, it is not us that do the work, it is the Lord.
And whatever else is on your mind…ç
I love all of you, you are constantly in my prayers