I am not going to lie, this was the first physically trying week that I have had in a long time. When I am tired I just get over it, eat a little more fruit, do exercise for 5 minutes to wake up or just endure. However this week my muscles are dead. We have been going running every other morning and that combined with the hills has turned my legs to jelly. However, I am getting over it and my overall physical condition and energy is changing. That is a great blessing. The word of wisdom is awesome!!
Addie and Gideon want to know what your favorite thing about Chile is?
- There are a lot of things that I really like about Chile. Lets see where to start
- One: I love the views. It is a lot more pituresque then the majority of the states. There are houses of all shapes and sizes. Placed agaisnt the backdrop of the ocean it really is a georgeous sight that makes for breathtaking moments.
- Two: The culture is very different. I love the part of the culture that is open and recieving to all. For example I love that when I enter into a house for the first time and they share with me what they feel, what they think. I feel like I really get to know them within very little time.
- nightime in valparaisoMorning in Valparaiso
- Elder Sanchez (one of our zone leaders) with Elder BojorquezThis is a heart out of ties that my companion did for me one night.
Share a humbling moment from the week.
- I think what is humbling is when sometimes we cannot get what we want. For all of our ability, talent, energy or hope there are some things that cannot be rushed. This week I finished my adjustment from a ward to a small branch and it took me a little bit to remember that you have to take things step by step. You cannot jump from various needs to being a perfect ward in one day. I think I had a little of a vision of coming in and changing in a couple of weeks lots of things in a small branch. Not reasonable. We are starting habits and practices that as they continue to be applied will bring about changes, however it cannot just be changed becuase I want it too. Humbling realization, I liked it.
Addie “what do you like to do in Chile or favorite activity?
- I like to teach families 🙂 but I do not believe that is what you are asking.
- Honestly I think my favorite, un gospel related thing to do is to learn about the culture. It is interesting to see a country with a completely different history then that of my own. For example one of the greatest heroes in Chilean was a naval general. But the funny thing is that the naval general died in a battle that they lost, and it is remembered as the most heroic moment of their history. It is also interesting to see how, where we are, and who we are with changes World history. I won`t go into details but history is taught differently here.
- Also, I love eating food. Honestly chilean food is boring for the most part. However I enjoy a couple of the dulces that they make, as well as the empanadas. (I am thinking of finding a good place in Santiago before I get on the plane to buy empanadas to bring home to you all 🙂 what do you think???!!!???
Share a learning moment from your scripture study.
- I am always impacted by this scripture. This time was not different. I read it last tuesday and just love it. Alma 22:18 O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee ( I actulaly like the wording more in spanish where It says “I will abandon all of my sins to know thee”), and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck aas if he were dead… Why can´t everyone understand the power that there is behind that covenant. If there is a God and he does make himself known unto you, why would you not leave behind all of your sins???
- Alma 49
3 Behold, I said that the city of aAmmonihah had been rebuilt. I say unto you, yea, that it was in part rebuilt; and because the Lamanites had destroyed it once because of the iniquity of the people, they supposed that it would again become an easy prey for them.
4 But behold, how great was their disappointment; for behold, the Nephites had dug up a aridge of earth round about them, which was so high that the Lamanites could not cast their stones and their arrows at them that they might take effect, neither could they come upon them save it was by their place of bentrance.
5 Now at this time the chief acaptains of the Lamanites were astonished exceedingly, because of the wisdom of the Nephites in preparing their places of security.
- I read this, this morning and find it interesting that the lamanites had already destroyed this city and therefore saw it as easy prey. Just like Satan sometimes sees that he has already made us fall in some area and thinks that it will be easy to do again. However this was not the case for the preparation the Moroni and his people had made. We can all prepare that way and therefore make affective the promise of Ether 12:27
Tell us about your week and whatever is on your mind.
My week was great. We found a new teaching pool, because the one that was here was really bad, and really small. When I say bad I mean small and the investigators were not progressing. It was an exciting week. Lots of movement, lots of improvement and lots of fun stories.
But all those stories shall wait for my next…and sadly last letter ;(…oh wow. That realization is super weird. The good thing is that I have to much to do to get distracted 🙂
All of my love and lots of hugs (hugging is a habit I have developed as a missionary)